Joining Freemasonry is not a commitment to be taken lightly. To get the best out of the order and yourself will require you to put some effort in to it. Trust us, the more you give to Freemasonry the more it will give to you.
Within our Lodge you will be facing the following commitments, but it is stressed that your family and your work always take precedence over your Freemasonry.
- 4 regular meetings a year, on the third Saturday in January, March, May, and November
- Attendance at the Lodge of Instruction where possible, usually twice a month between September and June
- The ritual is learnt by heart and this takes time and commitment if you wish to participate fully and to the best of your ability
- An initiation fee of c£140, payable once on the night of your initiation into the Lodge
- Annual subscriptions of c£145, payable in January each year
- A dining fee of c£21 at each meeting should you stay for the Festive Board (which is encouraged)
- A charitable donation at each meeting but this donation is entirely personal and must be within your means
- You will be expected to provide your own regalia at a cost of c£35, and a pair of white cotton gloves
- You will need the support and consent of your partner and family if you are to fully enjoy your freemasonry
- You will have the opportunity to visit other Lodges, both locally and further afield. The visiting of other Lodges adds further demands on your time and money
- There will be opportunities to get involved in other aspects of the organisation should you wish, e.g. supporting your local masonic centre. These activities also make demands of your time
Here are the requirements to be considered for membership, have a read and if you’d like to find out more then fill out the form on that page.